Friday, November 15, 2019
Friday, September 20, 2019
Friday, September 6, 2019
Friday, February 22, 2019
Sunday, January 27, 2019
As the IRS and Tax Court reopen (at least for about three weeks), readers might be interested in resources to help them. The IRS has published a short announcement that answers some basic questions, here. In addition, the ABA Tax Section is hosting a webinar on the effects of the shutdown on administrative operations and on Tax Court cases. The 1.5 hour webinar is scheduled for Monday, January 28, 2019 starting at 1:00 pm EST. The cost is $10 for Tax Section members and $25 for non-members. It is free to Low Income Tax Clinic or other pro-bono attorneys.
Topics will include:
- How the shutdown affected the Service’s issuance of notices;
- The ways taxpayers and representatives should consider reacting and responding to Service correspondence;
- The impact of the shutdown on applications for discretionary relief and IRS administrative services;
- The Service’s current collection efforts; and
- The impact on filings with the United States Tax Court.
January 27, 2019 in Bryan Camp, News, Tax Policy in the Trump Administration | Permalink
| Comments (0)
Friday, November 23, 2018