Friday, May 26, 2023
Tax Policy In The Biden Administration
- Bloomberg, Biden Pressed to Limit Hydrogen Credits Key to New Industry
- Bloomberg, Flight of Affluent Taxpayers Catches Up With New York
- Bloomberg, IRS's $80 Billion Budget Boost Targeted for Cuts in Debt Talks
- Common Dreams, 'We Are Not Taxing the Very Wealthy Enough': Runaway Inequality About to Get Worse
- Financial Times, IRS Sets Its Sights on Tax Avoidance by the Super-Rich and Corporations
- Forbes, North Carolina Senate Passes Nation’s Lowest Flat Tax, Blocks Cap-And-Trade
- Don Griswold (Bloomberg Tax), Foster Human Rights by Eradicating Multinational Tax Avoidance
- The Hill, Democrats Fume That White House Isn’t Demanding Tax Hikes in Debt Fight
- In These Times, Private Jets Are Dirty Luxuries for the Ultra Rich. Let’s Tax Them.
- Just Taxes, Congress Should Consider Attaching Work Requirements to the Biggest Tax Break for the Rich
- New York Times, How a Pandemic-Era Employee Retention Credit Program Became a Magnet for Tax Fraud
- New York Times, States Are Not Entitled to Windfalls in Tax Disputes, Supreme Court Rules
- Politico, GOP's Cut to IRS Funding in Debt Limit Plan Would Backfire
- TaxVox, Will Artificial Intelligence Be Able to Prepare Our Tax Returns?
- Wall Street Journal, Governments Owed Taxes Can’t Seize More Than They Are Due, Supreme Court Rules
- Wall Street Journal, The Pandemic-Era Tax Break Keeping the IRS Up at Night
- Wall Street Journal Editorial, A Texas-Sized Property Tax Cut
- Wall Street Journal Op-Ed (Kimberley Strassel), IRS Needs a Cage, Not More Cash
- Wall Street Journal Tax Report, You Take a Friend on Your Yacht. Is It a Taxable Gift?
- Washington Post, Missing in This Year’s Debt-Ceiling Talks: Democratic Demands For New Taxes
- Washington Post, Supreme Court Rules For Woman Who Says County Took Too Much For Tax Debt