Friday, May 12, 2023
Tax Policy In The Biden Administration
- Cato Institute, Will the Added IRS Funding Create Value?
- Conversable Economist, Replace Federal Taxes with a National Sales Tax?
- Decrypt, President Biden Decries Tax Loopholes for 'Wealthy Crypto Investors'
- Forbes, Keep An Eye On These Tax Proposals, Despite Congressional Gridlock
- Fortune, The Scourge of ‘Heir Pollution’ Shows That the Rich Are Exacerbating Climate Change—and the Dynastically Wealthy Are Leading the Charge
- Don Griswold (Bloomberg Tax), Opponents of Minnesota’s Anti-Tax Cheat Bill Should Be Ashamed
- The Hill, One Estate Tax Bill Protects Family Farms — Another Empowers Billionaires
- Inequality.org, The Ultra-Wealthy Have a Private Jet Problem
- Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, The House’s Debt Ceiling Smoke Screen: The GOP Budget Plan Gives Cover for Tax Cuts for the Rich
- Jim Maule (Villanova), Another Instance Illustrating Why Using the Tax Law to Influence Behavior is Unwise and Inefficient
- Open Secrets, TurboTax Owner Intuit Ramps Up Lobbying as Debate Over Government-Run Free Tax Filing Heats Up
- New York Times, Why China Doesn’t Have a Property Tax
- Politico, Why Dems Could Go For More Business Tax Breaks
- Rolling Stone, Biden Wants to Tax the Hell Out of Crypto Mining
- Tax Foundation, Does the Optimal Tax System Exist?
- Tax Foundation, U.S. International Tax Policies That Support Investment and Innovation
- TaxVox, Defaulting On The Debt Could Be “Catastrophic” – Or Worse
- TaxVox, If The US Avoids Default, You May Want To Thank Car Dealers, Real Estate Agents, and Local Bankers
- Washington Post, IRS Takes Steps to Protect Identity of Workers in Effort to Deter Personal Threats
- Washington Post, Tax Credit For Clean Energy Raises Concern From Some Industries