Friday, February 3, 2023
Weekly Legal Education Roundup
- W. David Ball (Santa Clara) & Michelle Oberman (Santa Clara), The Case Against Commercial Casebooks
- Bloomberg Law, Law School’s Covering of Slavery Murals Probed by 2nd Cir.
- Paul Caron (Dean Pepperdine), With Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Tulane, And Creighton, 40 Law Schools Are Boycotting The U.S. News Rankings
- David Lat (Boston Globe Op-Ed), Big Law’s Cancel Culture
- David Lat (Original Jurisdiction), A Controversial Speaker Returned To Yale Law—You Won't Believe What Happened Next
- Law.com, Columbia Law Professor's 'F--k You' to Student Question Caught on Video
- Los Angeles Times Editorial, A Welcome Revolt Against the Flawed College Ranking System
- Observer, U.S. News Depends On its College Rankings. What Happens When Universities Don’t Want To Be Ranked?
- Princeton Review, Best 168 Law Schools (2023 Edition)
- Katie Rose Guest Pryal (North Carolina), Genre Discovery 2.0
- Reuters, Justice Kavanaugh Says U.S. News Law School Rankings Are 'Very Problematic'; Peer Reputation Is 'Kind Of A Joke'
- Roundup, Legal Ed News
- Margaret Ryznar (Indiana-McKinney), Exams in the Time of ChatGPT
- Wall Street Journal, Rebellion Over College Rankings Seems Likely to Fail
- Wall Street Journal Op-Ed: Medical Schools Bail on Academic Merit and Intellectual Rigor
- Washington Post, Want To Be Happy? Don’t Be A Lawyer.