Saturday, November 26, 2022
The U.S. Department of the Treasury is looking to hire a Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax, Trade and Tariff Policy (application due November 30, 2022):
The Deputy Assistant Secretary reports to the Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy and is responsible for providing oversight, coordination and policy direction for the Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
As the Deputy Assistant Secretary Tax Trade and Tariff Policy, you will:
- Supervise the TTB Administrator.
- Provide policy direction to TTB based on input from Treasury leadership, US Government leaders, TTB leaders, federal advisory committees, and external groups.
- Work with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) leadership to develop customs policies; provide policy guidance to DHS on issues related to revenue and regulation of trade for economic purposes.
- Provide guidance on briefings, materials and presentations educating external groups on Tax and Trade and tariff and customs policy requirements.
- Coordinate policy guidanceon policies/regulations suggested and/or implemented.
- Review and support implementation of performance measures and metrics for evaluating TTB revenue collection and tariff activities.
- Guide interface between TTB operations and policy with other USG operations external to Treasury.
- Communicate and aid interpretation and operationalization of key tax and trade policies within TTB.
- Enable liaison between CBP and Treasury Departmental Offices, especially Tax Policy and International Affairs.
- Monitor and assist development of policies for regulations relating to tariff and trade laws, representing Treasury perspective on policy issues.
- Consult with external parties on customs policy issues; co-chair the Commercial Customs Operations Committee, the customs federal advisory committee
- Coordinate with Legislative Affairs to consult with Congress.
- Support International Affairs and the Office of the US Trade Representative on international trade negotiations; provide oversight of implementation of international trade agreements.
- Work closely with counterparts in the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, particularly regarding the use of trade related sanctions and import bans.
- Collaborate with other offices across Treasury, including General Counsel, Legislative Affairs, International Affairs, Domestic Finance, Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, and Public Affairs.