Tuesday, March 15, 2022
The ABA Tax Section is accepting applications for the inaugural Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship, due on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022.
The Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship seeks to identify, engage, and infuse historically underrepresented individuals into the Tax Section, create a more accessible, equitable, and inclusive pathway into Tax Section leadership, support the expansion, diversification, and inclusiveness of the tax profession, and create a sense of belonging for members looking to become involved with the Section.
The Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship is a three-year program open to any individual with a diverse background and/or a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tax bar. The Tax Section aspires to award up to five (5) three-year Fellowships each fiscal year. The Fellowships provide the following benefits:
- Waiver of annual membership dues for the American Bar Association and the Tax Section.
- Waiver of all registration fees (including tickets for receptions and lunches) for the Tax Section’s Fall, Midyear, and May meetings.
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel and accommodation expenses associated with attending the Section’s Fall, Midyear, and May meetings.
- Waiver or reimbursement of expenses associated with special gatherings at each Section meeting for Loretta Collins Argrett Fellows.
- A mentoring program that includes assigned mentors for each fellow who will serve as guides for Section activities, networking, and professional and career advice and opportunities.
- Invitation to monthly virtual meetings with Section leaders and special guests with discussions and introduction to a wide range of topics.
- Periodic special events.
Please email the completed application and required documents to email@example.com on or before the application deadline of Sunday, April 3, 2022. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.