Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Hello and Happy New Year! Jennifer and I are coordinating tax panels and discussion groups for next year’s SEALS Conference. The 2022 SEALS Conference will be held at the Sandestin Beach & Golf Resort, Sandestin, Florida on July 27-August 3. All the info you need to send us is below but the most important bit of info to note might be that we are on a tight timeline.
The conference submission tool is open, and Jennifer and I are eager to coordinate people who are interested in presenting tax work at the SEALS conference into relevant panel groups. In addition, we have also had very successful Tax Policy Discussion Groups in recent years. Panels are generally composed of 4 to 5 people speaking for 15 to 20 minutes each. We will attempt to group papers so that panels include papers on similar topics. The Discussion Group includes about 10 people, each speaking for 5-8 minutes on a topic related to tax policy, broadly interpreted. This has often included topics that are not necessarily fully formed paper ideas but are thoughts the presenter has had on something he or she would like to discuss with a group of smart, informed people in an informal setting. Both types of presentation have been very successful in the past. Each presenter may participate in one Panel AND one Discussion Group.
So, if you are interested in submitting to SEALS and would like us to include you in a group of other tax profs, please email me with the following information:
1. Would you like to present as part of a tax panel (15-20 minutes speaking, usually on a draft paper topic)?
2. If you’d like to present as a part of a panel, what do you expect your topic to be?
3. Would you like to participate as part of a tax discussion group? Is this in addition to a panel?
4. What is your full name and preferred email address?
5. What is your institutional affiliation, and is your school a SEALS member school, or a SEALS affiliate school? (We need this information in order to set the panels with the appropriate number of SEALS member panelists If you don’t know, you can check here.
We are on a bit of a tight timeline, so in order to allow us time to compose the panels appropriately, please send the above information to me by later than 5pm on Wednesday, January 19th.
Hoping to see many of you at SEALS 2022!
Please email your responses to Tessa.
Jennifer Bird-Pollan and Tessa Davis