Friday, January 14, 2022
Americans For Tax Fairness is seeking to hire a Tax Research & Policy Associate:
Americans for Tax Fairness, a coalition of national and state endorsing organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues, is seeking a Research & Policy Associate to provide support for research, policy and communications work and perform administrative duties. This is a full-time non-exempt position that provides a competitive salary and benefits. The Research & Policy Associate reports to the Executive Director. The salary range is $45,000 to $60,000 depending on experience. A competitive benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. ATF operates as a virtual office, but there is a possibility that this may change in a year, at which time the position might be located in Washington, D.C.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and policy analysis: Rapidly respond to breaking news on tax issues; support the team’s work on federal budget, tax reform and investment options; continue groundbreaking work on billionaire wealth growth and economic inequality; keep abreast of new research and policy developments; maintain data sets in Excel; assist with drafting fact sheets, reports and blog posts.
- Office Management: Maintain a well-functioning and organized virtual office; provide support to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the ATF coalition; assist with resolving technology-related issues for senior staff; maintain all electronic data and listservs; file credit card receipts and reimbursements.
- Communications: Assist the team with a legacy media and digital communications program, including keeping up to date on relevant media articles and preparing daily press clips.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of similar experience through employment and/or internships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Proficiency with G Suite, specifically Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Good research, writing, and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Individuals should be self-motivated and organized
- Strong interest in progressive politics
On an ongoing basis submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Research & Policy Associate Job