Thursday, August 26, 2021
This is a great opportunity to join the professional staff at Pepperdine Caruso Law: Pepperdine Jobs, Associate Director of Career Development:
Pepperdine University Rick J. Caruso School of Law is seeking an Associate Director of Career Development to guide and advise students and alumni on their career paths. The Associate Director of Career Development works directly with students and alumni on their career development and professional skills training, and collaborates with the CDO team to prepare resources, provide programs, and expand opportunities for employment.
- Work as part of Career Development Office (CDO) team to counsel students and alumni in career planning. Job search strategies, resume preparation, interviewing skills, and networking in the diverse legal market and other professional career interest areas.
- Manage the CDO's judicial clerkship and externship programs including individually counsel students and alumni, liaise with judges and judicial staff, update written materials, plan and give presentations, process letters of recommendation, and research and keep current on suggested application timelines and hiring plans.
- Assist upper division students and recent graduates with post-graduate job placement.
- Coordinate training skills workshops, career forums, and alumni speaker programs.
- Research and record employment outcomes to aid in preparation of employment reports.
- Work closely with faculty clerkship committee on maximizing federal and state clerkship opportunities.
- Assist with management of the on-campus interview (OCI) program; Foster effective working relationships with employers, students, alumni, staff, and other placement professionals; Develop alumni and employer outreach programs and current job listings to assist in expanding entry-level job opportunities; Assist with maintaining and enhancing CDO databases and resource materials; Participate regularly in alumni and employer networking functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through works performed.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Juris Doctor degree required; 2+ years' legal experience required (clerkship and/or large law firm experience preferred) Interpersonal and communication skills; strong problem-solving and organizational abilities. High motivational and follow-up skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, alumni, staff, faculty, and employers a strong commitment to diversity; and have ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds. PC-literate with ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Preferred: Experience in career development/coaching preferred. Experience working in a law school environment with students is a plus Superior interpersonal and writing skills; ability to effectively handle and meet deadlines; ability to communicate and market the services and programs of the CDO to potential students, current students, employers, faculty, and staff.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.