Friday, April 23, 2021
U.S. Tax Court's Tax Trailblazers: Glenn Carrington
U.S. Tax Court's Diversity & Inclusion Series, Tax Trailblazers: Mentoring the Next Generation:
Please join the United States Tax Court for the third in its series of monthly programs celebrating diversity and inclusion in tax law. Moderated by Chief Judge Maurice B. Foley, April’s webinar will focus on Glenn Carrington, Dean of the School of Business at Norfolk State University. Today at 7:00-8:15 PM EST (register here).
Glenn Carrington is the Dean of the School of Business at Norfolk State University. He holds a B.S. degree in Business from Norfolk State and a J.D. from the University of Virginia. Prior to academia, he spent many years advising Fortune 500 clients on financial and international transaction tax issues at major accounting firms, including EY (where he served on the executive board), Deloitte, and Arthur Andersen & Co. (where he served as the managing partner of the National Tax Office). He also served at the IRS as Assistant Chief Counsel (Income Tax & Accounting), Office of Chief Counsel, and as a Branch Chief in the Office of the Assistant Chief Counsel (Corporate).
Dean Carrington is a two-time recipient of the Tax Excellence Award given by the National Bar Association’s Tax Section, is the principal author of the treatise “Tax Accounting in Mergers and Acquisitions,” and has served as an adjunct professor in the Graduate Tax Program at Georgetown University Law Center.
- Loretta Collins Argrett (February 2021)
- Samuel Thompson, Jr. (March 2021)
- Glenn Carrington (April 2021)
- Chief Judge Foley and Judges Ashford, Marshall, Toro, and Vasquez (May 2021)
- Judges Joseph Gale And Albert Lauber (June 2021)
- Praveen Ayyagari, Andre Barnett, and Tiffany Smith (July 2021)
- Judge Juan Vasquez (September 2021)
- George Yin (October 2021)
- Justice Shawna Baker (November 2021)
- Judge Mary Ann Cohen (January 2022)
- Chief Judge Roger Gregory (February 2022)
- Ron Sweeney (April 2022)
- Alice Abreu (October 2022)