Friday, March 19, 2021
- Boston College Law, Tax Prof Diane Ring Named Interim Dean
- Doris Del Tosto Brogan (Villanova), Stories of Leadership, Good and Bad: Another Modest Proposal for Teaching Leadership in Law Schools
- Susan L. Brooks (Drexel), Marjorie A. Silver (Touro), Sarah Fishel (Drexel), & Kellie Wiltsie (Drexel), Moving Toward a Competency-Based Model for Fostering Law Students' Relational Skills
- Paul Caron (Dean, Pepperdine), 75% Of The Way Through The Fall 2021 Law School Admissions Cycle: Applications Are Up At 96% Of Law Schools, With Biggest Increases Among The Highest LSAT Bands
- Harmony Decosimo (Suffolk), Professor Mom: The Pandemic's Disruption of the Personal-Professional Divide in Legal Academia
- Tahir Duckett (Relman Colfax, Washington, D.C.), Black Law Students Are Thriving At Places Like Georgetown, But There Still Aren’t Enough Of Them
- Michael Frisby (Michigan; Google Scholar), Sam Erman (USC) & Victor D. Quintanilla (Indiana; Google Scholar), Safeguard or Barrier: An Empirical Examination of Bar Exam Cut Scores
- Scott Fruehwald (Legal Skills Prof Blog), The Myers-Briggs Personality Test and Theory-Induced Blindness in Legal Scholarship
- Anne Gordon (Duke), Better Than Our Biases: Using Psychological Research to Inform Our Approach to Effective, Inclusive Feedback
- Paul Horwitz (Alabama), One Irony and One Tension on "wrong for faculty to be thinking"
- Law.com, Big Firms Prepare for Another Year of Virtual Summer Programs
- Brian Leiter (Chicago), Did Georgetown violate its own "free speech principles" in the case of the adjunct fired for offensive and racially charged remarks?
- National Jurist, The Ten Smallest Towns With Law Schools
- New York Times, Georgetown Law School Fires Professor For ‘Abhorrent’ Remarks About Black Students Captured On Zoom
- Norman J. Shachoy Symposium, Gender Equality in Law Schools
- Karen Sloan (Law.com), Record Number of Black Students Take the Reins at Top Law Journals
- Eugene Volokh (UCLA), Adjunct Law Professor Fired for Saying to Colleague, "A Lot of My Lower [Graded Students] Are Blacks"
- Eugene Volokh (UCLA), Thoughtcrime at Georgetown? "It Is … Wrong for Faculty to Be Thinking—Not Just Speaking—…"
- Clifford Winston (Brookings Institution), Eliminate the Bar Exam for Lawyers: The Disadvantaged Pay the Price For an Elitist Legal System
Off-topic: Alafair Burke (Hofstra), Opinion: Who will march for Asian Americans after the killings in Atlanta?