Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Quinnipiac Today, Dean Jennifer Brown Donates $100,000 to School of Law:
Moved by their collective generosity, Dean Jennifer Gerarda Brown was inspired to make the largest donation of her life as well. She and her husband, Yale Law School Professor Ian Ayres, recently donated $100,000 to the law school.
“My colleagues’ powerful words conveyed to me how deeply they care about students’ well-being and success, and how much they are willing to put on the line to demonstrate this care,” she said. Brown characterizes her gift as both for today and tomorrow. “It recognizes the darkness we’re experiencing right now, but it is also hopeful for a brighter future,” she said.
A portion of Brown’s gift will be combined with the money raised by faculty and staff to support student needs today.
“I continue to be amazed by the courage and tenacity students have shown as they keep doing the work that needs to be done, even in the face of such challenges,” Brown added.
Another portion will be saved for the second half of 2021 and 2022, enabling students, faculty and staff to restart projects and participate in conferences, competitions or other meetings disrupted by COVID-19.
“I want to respond to needs that are evident and known, while also giving the law school the capacity to take up the opportunities that we believe and hope will emerge on the other side of this pandemic,” she said.
(Hat Tip: Jeff Cooper) Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Penn State Dickinson Law Dean Danielle Conway Makes $125,000 Gift For Student Aid During COVID-19 (Aug. 5, 2020)
- Pepperdine Caruso Dean Follows Lead Of Penn State Dickinson Dean In Giving $125,000 To Help Law Students With Emergency Needs (Aug. 11, 2020)
- Deans Double As Donors (Aug. 18, 2020)
- FIU's Antony Page Is Third Law School Dean To Make Major Gift To Students During COVID-19 (Aug. 21, 2020)
- Inspired By Penn State Dickinson Dean, Faculty And Staff Give $27,000 For Law Students (Aug. 26, 2020)
- More Dean Generosity: Who Will Be Next? (Aug. 27, 2020)
- University Of Florida's Laura Rosenbury Is Fourth Law School Dean ($100,000), Neil Buchanan Is Second Tax Prof ($25,001) To Make Major Gifts To Students During COVID-19 (Sept. 2, 2020)
- Arizona State Law Faculty And Staff Have Given $5 Million For Students Over Past Decade (Sept. 15, 2020)
- Yet Another Generous Dean: Laura Rosenbury (Sept. 22, 2020)
- Miami's Tony Varona Is Fifth Law School Dean To Give At Least $100,000 To Students (Oct. 6, 2020)
- Vanderbilt's Chris Guthrie Is Sixth Law School Dean To Give At Least $100,000 To Students (Nov. 24, 2020)
- Akron's C.J. Peters Is Seventh Law School Dean To Give At Least $100,000 To Students (Nov. 28, 2020)
- Columbia's Gillian Lester Is Eighth Law School Dean To Give At Least $100,000 To Students (Dec. 23, 2021)