Friday, February 12, 2021
- Los Angeles Times (Michael Hiltzik), How Often Have Tax Cuts For the Rich Trickled Down to the Rest Of Us? Never
- New York Times, The Clash of Liberal Wonks That Could Shape the Economy, Explained
- New York Times, The Problem With Using Tax Credits to Fight Poverty
- New York Times, The Radically Simple New Approach to Helping Families: Send Parents Money
- New York Times, Democrats to Unveil Up to $3,600 Child Tax Credit as Part of Stimulus Bill
- New York Times, Maryland Nears Country’s First Tax on Big Tech’s Ad Revenue
- New York Times op-ed (Matt Bruenig), The Problem With Using Tax Credits to Fight Poverty
- Politico, Will Biden’s Tax Plan Discourage Work? We Already Know the Answer.
- Tax Foundation, To What Extent Does Your State Rely on Individual Income Taxes?
- TaxVox, Advancing Child Tax Credit Payments Makes Good Sense, But the IRS Will Need Funds to Pull It Off.
- TaxVox, Congress Could Make COVID-19 Relief Payments Fairer, Less Costly, and More Stimulative
- TaxVox, No Chance for A Romantic Dinner in Your Favorite Restaurant on Valentine’s Day? Try TPC’s Marriage Calculator Instead
- TaxVox, TPC Finds the Ways & Means Pandemic Relief Plan Mostly Helps Low- and Moderate-Income Households, But Higher Income Families Benefit as Well
- Wall Street Journal, Child Tax Credit Plan Pushes Democrats’ Goal of Funding Boost for IRS
- Wall Street Journal, Child Tax Credit Poised for Expansion in Stimulus Bill
- Wall Street Journal, Covid-19’s Hit to State and Local Tax Revenues Is Smaller Than Many Feared
- Washington Post, Democrats Want to Give Parents $250 a Month. Here’s Who Qualifies.