University of Dayton School of Law:
The University of Dayton School of Law invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to begin August 16, 2021. Areas of particular need include contracts, secured transactions, business organizations, property, wills and trusts, and/or tax.
Applicants must have a J.D. or the equivalent degree from a foreign institution.
While not everyone may possess all the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- An outstanding academic record;
- A record of publication;
- Prior successful experience in law teaching or the demonstrated potential to be an outstanding teacher;
- Potential to successfully mentor students from underrepresented groups;
- Demonstrated and successful experience working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relevant prior experience in law practice;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills with various constituencies;
- Interest in and/or experience teaching contracts, secured transactions, business organizations, property, wills and trusts, and/or tax;
- An expressed willingness and enthusiasm to teach in and develop UDSL's hybrid online J.D. program;
- Willingness to engage with Catholic and Marianist educational values that promote inclusive excellence
Applications must be submitted through the University of Dayton’s electronic employment site and received by February 1, 2021. Applications should include a cover letter and CV and contact information for three references. References will not be contacted until second round interviews. Inquiries may be directed to the Faculty Recruitment and Development Committee.
The University of Dayton School of Law is a dynamic law school focused on inclusive excellence. In Spring 2020, National Jurist's preLaw magazine ranked UD Law 14th in the nation for African American students. To meet the needs of its growing J.D. program, the UD Law has hired 13 nationally and internationally prominent faculty in the last four years.
The University of Dayton is a top tier, Catholic research university with offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. Founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, the University is a diverse community committed to advancing the common good through intellectual curiosity, academic rigor, and community engagement with local, national and global partnerships. Guided by the Marianist education philosophy, we educate the whole person and link learning and scholarship with leadership and service.
Law schools looking to hire tenure-track/tenured Tax Profs to start in the 2021-22 academic year: