Tuesday, December 22, 2020
State Bar of California, California Bar Examination:
What happens after I take the exam?
Results from the February bar exam will be released on May 7, 2021. The results for the October bar exam will be released at 6:00 p.m. on January 8, 2021. The State Bar is actively working on shortening the grading timeline so that applicants receive their results on an expedited schedule.
On January 8, 2021 at 6:00 p.m., result letters will be posted to applicant records through the State Bar of California Admissions Information Management System (AIMS) and are no longer sent by USPS. However, for those that are successful on the exam and have completed all of the requirements for admission an admission packet is sent by USPS to the address on file. Address changes must be made no later than December 30, 2020. To change your mailing address please do the following:
- Log in to your Admissions applicant portal: https://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/s/login/
- Click on your name located in the upper right hand corner
- Click on My Profile
- Click on Update your Contact Information
- Click on the Edit button to the right
- Scroll down to Current Address, make the changes and click Save
Also, please note, the AIMS Status Screen will be unavailable from approximately, January 4, 2021 - January 8, 2021.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Office of Admissions