Friday, October 9, 2020
The American Lawyer, Kirkland Again Tops New Partner Promotion Record:
After a record-setting class of new partners in 2019, it appears Kirkland & Ellis has outdone itself again.
The firm announced Thursday that it has promoted 145 new partners, edging out last year's firm record of 141.
This year’s new partner class continues an upward trend in the firm’s promotions: Kirkland promoted 97 partners in 2017 and 122 in 2018, according to data on the firm’s partner classes.
Here are the seven new tax partners:
- Margaret R.T. Dewar (Chicago; J.D. Emory)
- Christine M. Lehman (Chicago; J.D. Washington University)
- Scott Fryman (New York; J.D. Brooklyn, LL.M. (Taxation) NYU)
- Michael J. Milazzo (New York; J.D. Cornell)
- Vivek Ratma (New York; J.D. Harvard)
- Tara L. Rhoades (New York; J.D. Yale)
- Carol Hsing Wang (San Francisco; J.D. Harvard)