Thursday, September 24, 2020
Seattle University School of Law, Flex JD Program: The Best of Both Worlds:
Seattle U Law’s new part-time hybrid-online JD program, starting fall 2021*, will prepare you to become a practicing attorney
*Pending ABA acquiescence
Why choose Flex JD?
A flexible format that fits your busy life
Complete most coursework online through an innovative hybrid online format, providing maximum schedule flexibility for students with work and family commitments.
Connect with classmates during limited campus visits
Just a few concentrated campus-based sessions each year makes Flex JD accessible for students who live outside the Seattle region while providing opportunities to connect with faculty and fellow students.
Renowned faculty who emphasize justice
Our innovative professors have developed a values-based curriculum integrating social justice concepts, which cultivates future lawyers who are committed to justice, dignity, and equity.
Exceptional curriculum optimized for online learning
Courses and curriculum combine weekly live online sessions with carefully designed elements that can be undertaken on your own schedule.
A part-time program with a tradition of excellence
U.S. News consistently ranks our part-time JD program among the Top 30 nationally, in part because of our nearly 50 years of experience in delivering high-quality part-time legal education.
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- ABA Approves First Hybrid Online J.D. (Dec. 19, 2013)
- Syracuse Law School Seeks Approval For Nation's Second Hybrid Online J.D. Program(Apr. 20, 2016)
- Ben Barton (Tennessee), Syracuse's Hybrid Online J.D. Program Is Not The Reboot Legal Education Needs (Apr. 23, 2016)
- Loyola-Chicago, Mitchell Hamline, And Seton Hall Offer Weekend J.D. Programs (Dec. 4, 2016)
- Mitchell Hamline Revamps Weekend J.D. Program To Require Students To Be On Campus Only 7 (Rather Than 13) Weekends Per Semester (Dec. 6, 2016)
- ABA Rejects 2U-Syracuse Initial Proposal For A Hybrid Online J.D., While Other 2U-Syracuse Graduate Programs Are Flourishing With Over 1,700 Students (May 7, 2017)
- Mitchell-Hamline Hybrid-J.D. Program To Graduate Its First Class (Jan. 3, 2018)
- Seton Hall's Innovative Weekend J.D. Program (Jan. 13, 2018)
- Touro Law School Offers New York's First Hybrid J.D. (Jan. 18, 2018)
- ABA Approves Online JDs At Syracuse, Southwestern (Feb. 14, 2018)
- The Uncertain Landscape For Online Legal Education (Feb. 19, 2018)
- Syracuse Law School's New Hybrid J.D.: 75% Online, 25% Residential/Externships (Feb. 22, 2018)
- Dayton Is The Seventh Law School To Offer A Hybrid Online J.D. (May 29, 2018)
- Denver Is The Eighth Law School To Offer A Hybrid Online J.D. (Aug. 23, 2018)
- New Hampshire Is Ninth Law School To Offer Hybrid Online J.D., First With IP Focus (March 14, 2019)
- A Comparative Look At Two Law School Hybrid J.D. Programs (Oct. 11, 2019)
- Akron Is Tenth Law School To Offer Hybrid Online J.D. (Nov. 4, 2019)
- Syracuse Illustrates The Many Possibilities For Online Legal Education (Feb. 3, 2020)
- ABA Clears Way For Syracuse Law School's Expansion Of Its Online JDinteractive Program
- (July 7, 2020)