Friday, July 10, 2020
The ABA Tax Section hosts a free CLE webinar on Race and the Internal Revenue Code today at 1:00 pm to 2:35 pm ET:
As the nation focuses on the many racial inequities that permeate society, this free webinar will explore how the federal tax code, state and local taxes and international taxation impact racial inequality.
The panel will feature a demonstration of a recently released interactive feature that traces IRS Form 1040 line by line to examine the impact of the federal tax code on racial and economic inequality. The panel will further explore the impact of colorblind tax data on social policy. Panelists will also discuss the racial inequities perpetuated through taxable treatment of employment discrimination damages and how race intersects with international tax law and policy.
- Omeed Firouzi (Philadelphia Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (Moderator))
- Jeremy Bearer-Friend (George Washington)
- Aravind Boddupalli (Tax Policy Center)
- Karen Brown (George Washington)
- Kim Rueben (Tax Policy Center)