Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Following up on my previous posts (links below): New York State Board of Law Examiners, Update Regarding the September 2020 Bar Examination:
The application process for the September bar exam is now complete. All candidates who successfully completed an application to sit for the bar exam will be assigned seats, provided their proof of eligibility is timely submitted and demonstrates compliance with the requirements of Court of Appeals Rule 520.3 or 520.6. See Board Rule 6000.4. The deadline to submit such proof has been extended until July 15, 2020. No handwriting specimen will be required.
Candidates will be notified regarding their seat assignments after the review of eligibility proofs has been completed.
The deadline to complete the laptop registration with Examsoft has been extended to Monday, June 29, 2020 at 4:30 P.M. Eastern Time.
Candidates are reminded that public health concerns may ultimately preclude the administration of the September bar exam in New York. Please continue to monitor this website for updates.
Karen Sloan (Law.com), Out-of-State Law Grads Get the Green Light for September NY Bar Exam
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- New York Will Give Priority To Graduates From New York's 15 Law Schools For Limited Spots To Take September Bar Exam (May 1, 2020)
- Deans Ask New York To Not Discriminate Against Graduates Of Out-Of-State Law Schools In Sitting For September Bar Exam (May 3, 2020)
- Dean Amar: New York's Discrimination Against Graduates Of Out-Of-State Law Schools Is Unconstitutional — 'Whether It’s Toilet Paper Or Bar Exam Seats, Hoarding Is Wrong' (May 4, 2020)
- 54 More Deans Ask New York To Not Discriminate Against Graduates Of Out-Of-State Law Schools In Sitting For September Bar Exam (May 7, 2020)
- Claudia Angelos (NYU), Eileen Kaufman (Touro), Deborah Jones Merritt (Ohio State) & Patricia E. Salkin (Touro), New York Should Replace Discriminatory Bar Exam Plan With Emergency Licensure Open To All Law School Graduates (May 7, 2020)
- July Bar Exam Update: Louisiana, New York (June 6, 2020)