Friday, April 10, 2020
Alaska Bar Association Announcements:
The Alaska Bar Exam will not be administered on July 28 & 29, 2020.
The bar exam will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, September 9 & 10, 2020.
The application deadlines remain the same.
The February 2020 bar exam results are still expected to be released on May 7, 2020.
In re Relative to Postponing the July 2020 Guam Bar Examination Due to Circumstances Related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (Supreme Court of Guam Adm. Order No. ADM20-218 Apr. 9, 2020):
In response to the growing public health concerns worldwide and in Guam, the Supreme Court has considered alternative approaches to novel issues and has modified numerous court practices in recent weeks. Based on current guidance from I Maga’hågan Guåhan (the Governor of Guam), the Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services, and other authorities, it is unlikely that the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic will have abated by July 2020 to a degree that it would be prudent to administer the bar examination at that time.
Therefore, ... the Supreme Court ORDERS that the July 2020 administration of the Guam bar examination is cancelled, given the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The Board of Law Examiners (Board) will reschedule the examination to September 9-10, 2020.
TaxProf Blog coverage of the July 2020 bar exam:
- The Bar Exam And The COVID-19 Pandemic: The Need For Immediate Action (Mar. 14, 2020)
- NCBE To Decide By May 5 Whether It Will Provide MBE For July Bar Examinations (Mar. 27, 2020)
- New York Postpones July Bar Exam To Fall; Students Demand Emergency Diploma Privilege To Practice Law (Mar. 28, 2020)
- Massachusetts Joins New York In Postponing July Bar Exam (Mar. 30, 2020)
- Connecticut Is Third State To Postpone July Bar Exam (Mar. 31, 2020)
- Hawaii Is Fourth State To Postpone July Bar Exam (Apr. 2, 2020)
- New Jersey Is Fifth State To Postpone July Bar Exam, First To Offer 2020 Law Grads Temporary License To Practice (Apr. 7, 2020)
- July Bar Exam Update: ABA, Arizona, California, Florida, Tennessee, Vermont (Apr. 8, 2020)
- Indiana Allows 2020 Law Grads To Serve As Graduate Legal Interns And Take February 2021 Bar Exam (Apr. 9, 2020)
For complete TaxProf Blog coverage of the coronavirus, see here.