Friday, February 21, 2020
- Common Dreams, New Report Blames Corporate Tax Cuts, Attacks on Unions for Persistent Inequality and Slow Wage Growth Among Low Earners in US
- William Gale (Tax Policy Center), Did the 2017 Tax Cut—the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act—Pay For Itself?
- The Hill, The Capital Gains Tax Threat
- The Hill, Heritage Analysts Suggest Tax-Advantaged Savings Accounts For New Trump Tax Plan
- The Hill, Warren Buys Ad in Sheldon Adelson Newspaper Showing How Much He Would Pay Under Her Wealth Tax
- Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, How Democratic Presidential Candidates Would Raise Revenue
- International Business Times, In 2018, Bloomberg Defended Taxing Poor People, Blasted Taxing Wealthy
- Jackel Tax Law, At Risk Basis for Guarantees
- New York Times, Boeing, to Fend Off Sanctions, Backs Ending State Tax Breaks
- Raw Story, Comprehensive Analysis of Trump’s Tax Cut Shows the Rich Won Big Time — And the Rest Of Us Got Crumbs
- TaxVox, Are Tax Breaks For Non-Profits And Their Donors Worth Saving?
- TaxVox, Did TCJA’s Corporate Rate Cuts Work As Promised? No Signs Yet.
- TaxVox, Expanding The EITC To Include Family Caregivers
- TaxVox, How Can We Increase EITC Participation?
- TaxVox, What Do The Sanders-Biden Fights Over Protecting Social Security Mean?
- Tax Foundation, Analysis of Democratic Presidential Candidates Corporate Income Tax Proposals
- Tax Foundation, Bloomberg’s Financial Transaction Tax (FTT) Proposal Revives Bad Policy
- Tax Foundation, Marginal Tax Rates on Labor Income in the U.S. After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Joseph Thorndike (Tax Analysts), The Wealth Tax Debate
- Wall Street Journal, How High Should Government Debt Go? Economists Can’t Agree
- Wall Street Journal, Time to Go Back to School on the ‘Kiddie Tax’
- Wall Street Journal op-ed (Stephen Moore & Adam Michel), A Tax-Cut Idea for Trump
- Washington Examiner, A Wealth Tax Is a Terrible Idea
- Washington Post, A Guide to Democrats’ Plans to Tax the Rich More
- Washington Post, White House Advisers Privately Float Minimum Tax on Corporations Amid Blowback Over 2017 GOP Law
- Washington Post op-ed (George Will), A Momentous Tax Proposal From a True Progressive