Friday, January 10, 2020
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, President Trump has Signed $4.7 Trillion of Debt into Law
- Fiscal Times, Is a Wealth Tax a ‘Very American Idea’?
- The Hill, The Right Fix For Opportunity Zones
- The Hill op-ed (Bernie Goldberg), Why Do Democrats Kick Around America's Rich?
- Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, Guilty, Not GILTI: Unclear Whether Corps Continue to Lower Their Tax Bills Via Tax Haven Abuse
- Jim Maule (Villanova), Indeed, In Tax, as in Most Everything Else, Precision Matters
- New American, Trump’s Tax Cut Act 2.0 Coming
- New York Daily News op-ed (Gerald Scorse), Even Democrats Do Favors For the Rich: How a Seemingly Obscure New Tax Rule Helps the Wealthy
- New York Post, No More Amazons: Study Trashes Corporate Tax Breaks to Lure Jobs
- New York Times, France, U.S. Set Two-Week Target for Resolving Digital Tax Spat
- ProPublica, The IRS Tried to Crack Down on Rich People Using an “Abusive” Tax Deduction. It Hasn’t Gone So Well.
- Tax Foundation, Tax Trends at the Dawn of 2020
- TaxVox, Could A Redesigned Tax Deduction Help More People Feel Good About Charitable Giving?
- TaxVox, Effective Income Tax Rates Have Fallen For The Top One Percent Since World War II
- TaxVox, Give Sanders and Warren Credit For Leaning Away From Tax Credits
- TaxVox, Three Largely Ignored Tax Policy Issues When Taxing The Wealthy
- TaxVox, What Trillion Dollar Deficits In An Era of Full Employment Look Like
- Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Puts Geographic Inequality on the 2020 Agenda
- Wall Street Journal, In Florida, Homeowners Come for the Weather and Stay for the Tax Relief
- Wall Street Journal, IRS Personal Income-Tax Audits Drop to Lowest Level in Decades
- Washington Post, Liberals’ Wealth Tax Would Ripple Through U.S. Economy, GOP Economist Says