Friday, January 17, 2020
- Bloomberg, U.S. Consumers Growing Less Supportive of Tax-the-Rich Plans
- Brookings Institution, How Could Changing Capital Gains Taxes Raise More Revenue?
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, A Guide to Statistics on Historical Trends in Income Inequality
- Dallas Morning News, One-Hit Wonder? Tax-Cut Bonus Bump Is Long Gone and Wage Growth Has Slowed, Too
- Dallas Morning News, Trump Slashed Corporate Tax Rates to 21%, But Many Companies Paid Far Less Than That
- The Hill, Senate Democrats Launch Investigation Into Trump Tax Law Regulations
- The Hill, Warren, Sanders Wealth Taxes Would Hurt Workers, Conservative Group Says in New Study
- Los Angeles Times, Trump’s Tax Reform Is Leaving Millions of Poor Children Behind
- New York Times, France Tells U.S.: Back a Global Digital Tax or Risk Others Going Solo
- New York Times, Trump Tax Break That Benefited the Rich Is Being Investigated
- Pew Research Center, Most Americans Say There Is Too Much Economic Inequality in the U.S., but Fewer Than Half Call It a Top Priority
- Quartz, A Majority of Republicans Actually Support a Wealth Tax—If You Don’t Call It That
- TaxVox, Repealing the ACA’s Excise Taxes Benefits Middle- and Upper-Middle Income Households More Than Other Groups
- TaxVox, Would Wealth Taxes Solve Income Inequality?
- Wall Street Journal op-ed (Bruno Le Maire), Let’s Make a Deal on Tech Taxes
- Wall Street Journal Tax Report, After Stretch IRAs, What Retirement Breaks Could Congress Chop Next?
- Washington Post op-ed (Dawn Johnson (Indiana) & Walter Dellinger (Duke), Yes, a Wealth Tax Would Be Constitutional
- Yahoo Finance, Trump Tax Cut Hands $32 Billion Windfall to America’s Top Banks