Saturday, October 19, 2019
While it is a little hard to believe, it is already time to start thinking about next summer. The Call for Papers for SEALS 2020 has been open for awhile, but somehow I missed the original call, so we are now running late. The 2020 conference will be held July 30-August 5, 2020 at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The conference submission tool is now open, and I am eager to coordinate people who are interested in presenting tax work at the SEALS conference into relevant panel groups. In addition, we have also had very successful Tax Policy Discussion Groups in recent years. Panels are generally composed of 4 to 5 people speaking for 15 to 20 minutes each. I will attempt to group papers so that panels include papers on similar topics. The Discussion Group includes about 10 people, each speaking for 5-8 minutes on a topic related to tax policy, broadly interpreted. This has often included topics that are not necessarily fully formed paper ideas, but are thoughts the presenter has had on something he or she would like to discuss with a group of smart, informed people in an informal setting. Both types of presentation have been very successful in the past. Each presenter may participate in one Panel AND one Discussion Group.
So, if you are interested in submitting to SEALS and would like me to include you in a group of other tax profs, please email me at email@example.com with the following information:
- Would you like to present as part of a tax panel (15-20 minutes speaking, usually on a draft paper topic)?
- If you’d like to present as a part of a panel, what do you expect your topic to be?
- Would you like to participate as part of a tax discussion group? Is this in addition to a panel?
- What is your full name and preferred email address?
- What is your institutional affiliation, and is your school a SEALS member school, or a SEALS affiliate school? (We need this information in order to set the panels with the appropriate number of SEALS member panelists If you don’t know, you can check here.)
Because we are starting this process late this year, I need to ask you to respond to me in a very short timeframe. Hopefully this won’t be too much to ask, because we don’t need much detail yet about your presentation. In order to allow me time to compose the panels appropriately, please send the above information to me no later than 5 pm on Wednesday, October 23.
Hoping to see many of you at SEALS 2022!