Tuesday, September 17, 2019
The American Taxation Association Journal of Legal Tax Research Call for Submissions:
The ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research (JLTR), a double-blind peer-reviewed journal, publishes creative and innovative studies that employ legal research methodologies that logically and clearly:
- Identify, describe, and illuminate important current tax issues including the history, development, and congressional intent of specific provisions
- Propose improvements in U.S., state and local, or foreign tax systems, and unique solutions to tax or fiscal problems
- Critically analyze proposed or recent tax law changes from both a technical and a policy perspective
- Discuss improvements in tax compliance, tax complexity, or tax policy
- Provide critical discussions for strategically structuring transactions, considering tax and non-tax ramifications
- Critically analyze recent or proposed legislative or regulatory changes
- Critically analyze similarities and differences between tax accounting and financial accounting issues
- Critically analyze similarities and differences between U.S. and other tax regimes
Legal tax research articles in all areas are appropriate for the journal, including state and local taxation, international taxation, estate and gift tax law, and federal income taxation. Manuscripts analyzing tax issue of countries other than the U.S., particularly if it includes a comparison to U.S. tax law, are also encouraged.
JLTR seeks the submission of unpublished manuscripts not under consideration by another journal or publisher. Each manuscript will be published electronically as soon as the Editor, based on the advice from the reviewers, determines that the manuscript meets the objectives and standards set forth ty the American Taxation Association and JLTR’s editorial board.
Publication guidelines and submission information is available here.