Friday, August 23, 2019
- Bloomberg Tax, More Battles Loom as Expiring Tax Perks Pile Up
- Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, One Tax System for Most Americans, and a Second System for the Wealthiest
- Los Angeles Times, Trickle-Down Theory Is a Monstrous Lie Intended to Justify the Rich Getting Richer
- New York Times, Macron's Quest for an International Tax on Digital Services
- New York Times, Trump Administration Considers Moves to Bolster Economy
- New York Times, Trump Says He Has Authority to Reduce Capital Gains Taxes
- New York Times, Trump Says He’s Exploring ‘Various Tax Reductions,’ and the Economic Data He Loves Shows Why
- New York Times, Trump’s Economic Message: Everything Is Great, but We Need Huge Stimulus Now!
- New York Times, White House Mulling Tax Cuts but Not to Counter Short-Term Weakness: Adviser
- New York Times op-ed (Matt Grossmann), How Much Damage Have Republicans Done in the States?
- Tax Foundation, New Evidence on the Benefits of Full Expensing
- TaxVox, No, The US Is Not Overtaxed
- TaxVox, States Must Be Aware Of How Big Changes In Federal Law Affect Their Revenue Codes
- TaxVox, Taxpaying Workers Will Be Punished by Trump’s New Curbs on Immigrants Receiving Public Benefits
- TaxVox, Why Carbon Taxes Are So Hard To Pass
- Wall Street Journal, Capital-Gains Tax Change Would Drive Only Modest Economic Boost, Economists Say
- Wall Street Journal, In Reversal, Trump Says He Is No Longer Considering Tax Cuts
- Wall Street Journal, The Next Trump Tax Cut?
- Wall Street Journal, Trump Adviser Says White House Could Propose Tax Cuts Before 2020 Election
- Wall Street Journal, Trump Weighs Options to Spur the Economy
- Washington Post, Here Are Eight Reasons to be Skeptical of Trump's Payroll Tax Cut Talk
- Washington Post op-ed (Jennifer Rubin), Trump’s Economic Record Is One Big Con