Sunday, August 4, 2019
Nancy Levit (UMKC) & Allen Rostron (UMKC) have updated their incredibly useful document, which contains two charts for the Fall 2019 submission season covering 203 law reviews.
The first chart (pp. 1-52) contains information gathered from the journals’ websites on:
- Methods for submitting an article (such as by e-mail, ExpressO, regular mail, Scholastica, or Twitter)
- Any special formatting requirements
- How to request an expedited review
- How to withdraw an article after it has been accepted for publication elsewhere
The second chart (pp. 53-59) contains the ranking of the law reviews and their schools under six measures:
- U.S. News: Overall Rank
- U.S. News: Peer Reputation Rating
- U.S. News: Judge/Lawyer Reputation Rating
- Washington & Lee Citation Ranking
- Washington & Lee Impact Factor
- Washington & Lee Combined Rating
There has been some change in law reviews’ submission preferences: Now 82 schools prefer or require Scholastica as the exclusive avenue for submissions, 40 law journals prefer direct emails, and 39 law reviews prefer or require submission through ExpressO, with 37 accepting articles submitted through either ExpressO or Scholastica. Seven schools now have their own online web portals. Ninety-three schools permit email submissions even if they prefer submission through a service.