Friday, June 7, 2019
- Bloomberg Tax, Durst’s ‘Strange Marriage’ on New York Tax Reform May End Badly
- Bloomberg Tax, Second Wave of Opportunity Zone Guidance Addresses Many Key Issues, Leaves Open Questions for Future Guidance
- Bloomberg Tax, Tax Perks for College Donations Would Be Slimmer Under Wyden Bill
- Center for American Progress, Ending Special Tax Treatment for the Very Wealthy
- CNN, The World Is Discussing a New Tax System. The Alternative Could Be 'Chaos'
- Forbes, Uber Tax Audit By IRS & Abroad Is Big, But Not Over Driver Employment Taxes
- Gizmodo, Congress Is Killing That Sketchy Provision That Banned the Government from Offering Free Tax Filing Software
- The Hill, Democrats Vow to Repeal Tax Reform, Putting Taxes in Focus for 2020
- Los Angeles Times, The Cigarette Tax Has Saved Millions of Lives. A Soda Tax Could Too
- Jim Maule (Villanova), The 2017 Tax Legislation: A Failure From Every Direction
- New York Times, Cory Booker’s Housing Plan Offers Tax Credit to Millions of Renters
- ProPublica, Congress Scraps Provision to Restrict IRS From Competing With TurboTax
- Tax Foundation, Comments on Congressional Research Service’s Preliminary Analysis of the TCJA
- TaxVox, The Section 529 Savings Plan Is A Sweet Deal. Too Sweet.
- TaxVox, What The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Means For Tax Expenditures
- Tax Foundation, Putting the Pieces Together on BEPS
- Washington Post, Tax Breaks Are Popular — Even When Wealthy People Benefit Most.
- Washington Post, The Trump Administration Said These Tax Breaks Would Help Distressed Neighborhoods. Who’s Actually Benefiting?
- Washington Post, Trump Is Giving Arthur Laffer the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Economists Aren’t Smiling.
- Washington Post editorial, Killing the ‘Cadillac Tax’ Would Throw Our Health Care Even More Out of Whack