Thursday, June 13, 2019
Following up on my previous posts (link below): Jacksonville Daily Record, Florida Coastal Cleared by ABA; Law School Is Found to be in Compliance With Accreditation Standards:
The requirements imposed 20 months ago on Florida Coastal School of Law by the American Bar Association related to the school's alleged noncompliance with ABA accreditation standards were removed Tuesday.
At its May 16-18 meeting, the ABA's Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar reviewed the evidence and concluded that Florida Coastal has demonstrated compliance with admission standards.
“We are grateful that the ABA Section’s Council has recognized the hard work and dedication of the Florida Coastal students, staff and faculty. Our 2018 entering credentials are at or above 43 other law schools, and our Florida first-time Bar passage rates are better than five out of six comparable schools in 2018 and all comparable law schools in February 2019. We look forward to continued improvement in our outcomes and working with the ABA on our transition to a non-profit law school and non-profit university affiliation,” said Florida Coastal Dean Scott DeVito.
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- After 71% Enrollment Decline, Florida Coastal Plans To Further Shrink 1L Class To Raise Minimum LSAT Score By 7 Points And Avoid Fate Of Arizona Summit, Charlotte Law Schools (July 3, 2017)
- ABA Notices To Law Schools About Potential Non-Compliance With Accreditation Standards (Oct. 31, 2017)
- Florida Coastal Law School: 'We Are Not For Sale' (Nov. 29, 2017)
- ABA: Florida Coastal Law School Remains Out Of Compliance With Three Of Four Accreditation Standards (May 3, 2018)
- Florida Coastal Law School Sues ABA; Kirkland & Ellis Alleges Arbitrary Enforcement Of Accreditation Standards (May 11, 2018)
- Florida Coastal School of Law Seeks Restraining Order Against The ABA (June 19, 2018)
- Federal Judge Denies Florida Coastal Law School's TRO Bid Against The ABA (June 20, 2018)
- ABA Gives An Inch In Accreditation Fight With Florida Coastal Law (June 27, 2018)
- ABA Moves To Dismiss Florida Coastal's Lawsuit Alleging Arbitrary Enforcement Of Accreditation Standards (July 3, 2018)
- ABA Wins Early Round Against Florida Coastal Law In Accreditation Lawsuit (July 11, 2018)
- ABA: Florida Coastal Remains Out of Compliance With Law School Accreditation Standards (Sept. 8, 2019)
- July 2018 Florida Bar Exam Results (Sept. 18, 2018)
- In Wake Of 93% Enrollment Decline, Florida Coastal Law School Seeks To Ditch InfiLaw, Become Nonprofit, And Merge With University In The Southeast (But Not In Florida) (Feb. 6, 2019)