Wednesday, June 19, 2019
At its meeting held on May 16-18, 2019, the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar approved for Notice and Comment proposed revisions to the following Standards and Rules of Procedure of the ABA Standards and Rules of Procedure for Approval of Law Schools:
- Standard 202. Resources for Program
- Standard 206. Diversity and Inclusion
- Standard 307. Studies, Activities, and Field Placements Outside the United States
- Standard 310. Determination of Credit Hours for Coursework
- Standard 311. Academic Program and Academic Calendar
- Standard 502. Educational Requirements
- Standard 509. Required Disclosures
- Rule 13. Actions on Determinations of Noncompliance with a Standard
- Rule 29. Teach-Out Plan
- Rules 30-36. Appeals Panel Procedure
- Rule 37. Complaints in General
- Rule 39. Disposition of Complaints
The Council also approved for Notice and Comment proposed revisions to the Criteria for Foreign Summer and Intersession Programs Offered by ABA-Approved Law Schools in a Location Outside the United States of the ABA Standards and Rules of Procedure for Approval of Law Schools.
Written comments on the proposals can be sent to Dean Emeritus and Professor Jeffrey Lewis, Council Chair.
A hearing on the proposed changes is scheduled for Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at 1:00 p.m at the Park Hyatt Chicago (800 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611). Requests to speak at the hearing to Mary Kearin by Monday, July 17, 2019.