Thursday, May 2, 2019
Professor of Practice:
University Charles Widger School of Law and the Villanova School of Business seek an experienced tax practitioner for the position of Professor of Practice in the Graduate Tax Program. The interdisciplinary Graduate Tax Program, which is jointly run by the Law School and the School of Business, has over 300 students enrolled in both the on-campus and online program formats. It offers a Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM) for lawyers and a Master of Taxation (MT) for non-lawyers, as well as Certificate Programs in specialized areas of taxation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach on-campus and online courses in the Graduate Tax Program.
- Counsel students on academic issues, professional development, and employment opportunities.
- Assist with marketing and outreach to increase student enrollment, assist students with employment opportunities, and enhance the program’s reputation and profile.
- Assist Faculty Director with overseeing the Graduate Tax Program’s academic programs, including curriculum, teaching, and adjunct faculty.
- A Juris Doctor degree or Certified Public Accountant certificate is required.
- 4 years of relevant tax practice experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent teaching ability is required.
- Expertise in relevant substantive area is required.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and networking skills is required.
- A Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM) or Master of Taxation (MT) degree is preferred.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.