Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Keith Lee, Law Schools ABA 509 Disclosure Reports 2018 (Stats + Graphs):
Another year, another data dump. December 15th is the annual reporting day for ABA 509 Disclosures for all ABA approved law schools. These are required public disclosures that law schools must make as part of their ABA accreditation. As soon as the ABA started releasing the data, I began to compile it and release reports at Associate’s Mind.
2011 To 2018 Changes
Law school enrollment continues to be significantly down since reporting began.
Total matriculant change from 2011 to 2018: -17.9%.
- 3 law schools are now dead: Charlotte, Valparaiso, & Whittier. I’d give good odds that Arizona Summit and Florida Coastal will soon follow.
- 155 law schools decreased in matriculants from 2011 to 2018.
- 11 schools had matriculants decrease by over 50% from 2011 to 2018.
- 113 law schools had a double digit percentage decrease in matriculants since 2011.
- Largest decrease: Arizona Summit at -96.2%
- Runner-up decrease: Florida Coastal at -91.1% ...
- 42 schools had no change or increased matriculants from 2011 to 2018.
- 21 schools had a double digit percentage increase in matriculants.
- Largest increase: Lincoln Memorial at 167.6%
- Runner-up increase: UC Irvine at 157.3%