Monday, July 30, 2018
Following up on my previous posts:
Temple Press Release, Second Update on Rankings:
The university has been carefully scrutinizing rankings data submissions to identify misreporting for other Fox programs. Although the review is ongoing, we have concluded that misreporting similar to that involving the Online MBA also occurred with respect to the Executive MBA, Global MBA, Part-Time MBA, Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Master of Science in Digital Innovation in Marketing. These programs all had issues related to the reporting of one or more metrics, including the number of new entrants providing GRE/GMAT scores, student indebtedness and applicants’ undergraduate GPAs. For the Online Bachelor of Business Administration, misreporting related to student indebtedness was found. As a result, we have reported to U.S. News that we cannot verify data related to these programs, and we are not participating in or submitting business school surveys at this time. ...
In a related update, U.S. News asked Temple to provide a letter verifying the accuracy of our data submissions for the 2018 and 2019 Best Colleges rankings. The university conducted a painstaking review of the voluminous data contained in these submissions. On July 20, Temple provided U.S. News with the requested letter, in which we verified the accuracy of our submissions for both the 2018 and 2019 rankings. We also made three corrections: one inadvertent transposition and two typographical errors. Additionally, we updated originally reported endowment information to ensure consistency in survey responses. U.S. News also had requested information on additional programs, and that review is underway.
- Chronicle of Higher Education, Temple U. Says Several Programs Submitted False Data to ‘U.S. News’
- Inside Higher Ed, Temple Rankings Scandal: From Bad to Worse
- Philadlephia Inquirer, Temple Finds More Misreporting for U.S. News Magazine Rankings
- Philadelphia Inquirer, U.S. Department of Education Investigating Temple Business School Scandal
- Philadelphia Inquirer op-ed: We Will Fix the Rankings, and Your Trust, by Richard M. Englert (President, Temple) & JoAnne A. Epps (Executive Vice President & Provost, Temple)
- Technically Philly, Temple’s Fox School ‘Misreported’ Data on 6 Other Programs
- Temple News, Six More Programs in the Fox School of Business Reported False Data
- Temple News, U.S. Department of Education Is Investigating Fox School of Business
- Wall Street Journal, Temple Online MBA Program Under Investigation Over Marketing
- Wall Street Journal, Temple University’s M.B.A. Ranking Scandal Spreads