Wednesday, March 7, 2018
The Tax Policy Center hosts a conference today on Wealth Taxation, Entrepreneurship, and Philanthropy (live webcast from 9:00-10:30am EST):
Entrepreneurs strengthen the economy directly by innovating and taking risks, and indirectly through their contributions to philanthropic organizations. The tax code affects entrepreneurial activity and can encourage or stifle an entrepreneur’s philanthropic giving. At this forum, scholars will discuss new research that examines how estate and inheritance taxes affect entrepreneurship and how income and estate taxes affect the very wealthy. A discussion will follow about giving patterns among wealthy entrepreneurs and ways entrepreneurs are engaging in philanthropy in the 21st century.
- Shena Ashley (Vice President, Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute)
- Jenny Bourne (Chair, Economics Department, Carleton College)
- Leonard Burman (Fellow, Urban Institute)
- Robert McClelland (Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center)
- Eugene Steuerle (Fellow, Urban Institute)