Thursday, September 7, 2017
The IRS Scandal, Day 1582: Is The IRS Scandal About To Break Wide Open?
PJ Media, Is the IRS Scandal About to Break Wide Open?:
Lost emails, destroyed hard drives, foot dragging, stonewalling, and a smirking, sneering IRS commissioner doing his best to obscure the truth -- this has largely been the response by the Internal Revenue Service to investigations by Congress and FOIA requests from conservative groups trying to discover the truth about the IRS targeting scandal.
But one federal judge appears to be just as curious as the rest of us about what exactly the IRS was up to when it targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny in approving their tax-exempt status. ...
Although the arrogance of the IRS is breathtaking, it looks like they may have more than they can handle with Judge Walton. With the agency already proving that it tried to hide documents directly related to a FOIA request, how much nonsense will Walton put up with? He better have a low tolerance for word games and shenanigans by the IRS.
More names means more witnesses to be deposed under oath. Perhaps some promises of immunity are in order so that the truth can be wrung out of an agency that has been used to target the political opponents of a president and materially affect the ability of conservative groups to exercise their rights.
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1580: Conservative Group Hoping For 'Perp Walks' After Breakthrough In IRS Lawsuit (Sept. 5, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1576: Will Justice Come For IRS Lawbreakers At Last? (Sept. 1. 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1574: Why Are Trump’s Justice Department Appointees Protecting The IRS? (Aug. 30, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1572: Why Did It Go Away? (Aug. 28, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1568: (Still) Seeking IRS Accountability (Aug. 24, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1563: Judge Orders IRS To Disclose Names Of Employees Who Targeted Conservative Groups And To Prove That It Has Stopped The Practice (Aug. 19, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1561: Why Hasn't Trump Drained The IRS/DOJ Swamp? (Aug. 17, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1559: Checking In On IRS-Tea Party Lawsuits (Aug. 15, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1554: Why Is Trump's Justice Department Still Fighting Disclosure Of Documents Revealing IRS Targeting Of Conservative Groups? (Aug. 10, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1552: The IRS's Email Retention Policies Still Do Not Ensure That Emails Are Retained And Produced When Requested (Aug. 8, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 1544: How Lois Lerner Begat Robert Mueller (July 31, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1401-1500 (Mar. 10, 2017 - June 17, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1301-1400 (Nov. 30, 2016 - Mar. 9, 2017)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1201-1300 (Aug. 22, 2016 - Nov. 29, 2016)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1101-1200 (May 14, 2016 - Aug. 21, 2016)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1001-1100 (Feb. 4, 2016 - May 13, 2016)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 901-1000 (Oct. 27, 2015 - Feb. 3, 2016)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 801-900 (July 19, 2015 - Oct. 26, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 701-800 (April 10, 2015 - July 18, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 601-700 (Dec. 31, 2014 - April 9, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 501-600 (Sept. 22, 2014-Dec. 30, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 401-500 (June 14, 2014 - Sept. 21,2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 301-400 (Mar. 6, 2014 - June 13, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 201-300 (Nov. 26, 2013 - Mar. 5, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 101-200 (Aug. 18, 2013 - Nov. 25, 2013)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1-100 (May 10, 2013 - Aug. 17, 2013)
I'm not sure the truth will ever come out. I can't believe an agency of government would do something like this without some sort of approval from the White House. It's like Hillary's server, does anyone believe a cabinet appointment would just set up their own server and break the laws of the public records act without getting some sort of approval from the White House? I'm sorry, people just don't do this stuff.
Posted by: bflat879 | Sep 7, 2017 9:28:41 AM
Sincere gratitude to all you individuals who functioned as true journalist in alerting we the Great unwashed masses of the violations of our and individual's rights.
Ms Lerner & Company prepare to don your striped uniforms.
Posted by: Christopher McNeil | Sep 7, 2017 9:01:31 AM
4.5 years of waiting for Justice, wars have been started for less than this, we have pigs at the trough but can buy no bacon. "Laws are for the little guy" and not for those in exalted positions it seems.
Posted by: ron norman | Sep 7, 2017 10:25:35 AM