Thursday, July 20, 2017
Press Release, Jennifer Bard to Join Penn State Law, College of Medicine as Visiting Professor:
Jennifer S. Bard, an internationally recognized expert in the fields of law, public health and bioethics, will join the faculties of Penn State Law and the Penn State College of Medicine this summer for a one-year appointment as a visiting professor of law and medicine.
Bard is a professor of law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law where she also holds an appointment as professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She served as dean of Cincinnati Law from 2015 to 2017.
At Penn State, Bard will work with the faculties of Penn State Law and the College of Medicine to build new synergies between the two professional schools. In the spring 2018 semester, Bard will teach a course or seminar at the law school in the field of health law. She will also deliver guest lectures, workshops and seminars at the College of Medicine.
“I am very excited that Jennifer Bard will be joining us at Penn State this coming year,” said Penn State Law Dean Hari Osofsky. “Her impressive expertise in both interdisciplinary health law issues and program development will help us enormously as we build in this area. The University has made a strategic commitment to enhancing health, and Penn State Law looks forward to collaborating in that effort.”
Bard will serve as a visiting professor on the faculty at Penn State for the 2017-18 academic year, beginning in August.
ABA Journal, Dean Who Settled Case With Cincinnati Law Lands Visiting Prof Spot at Penn State
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Jennifer Bard Named Dean at Cincinnati (Mar. 4, 2015)
- Cincinnati Law School Dean Under Fire From Faculty: Ouster, Vote Of No Confidence Discussed As Provost Unveils 6-Month Plan To 'Restore Mutual Trust And Respect' And Dean Lawyers Up (Mar. 20, 2017)
- Cincinnati Dean Says 'Small Cabal' Of Tenured Faculty Is Seeking Her Ouster Because Of Her Attempt To Balance Law School's Budget (Mar. 22, 2017)
- Provost Removes Cincinnati Law School Dean Less Than Two Years Into Her Five-Year Term (Mar, 23, 2017)
- Ousted Cincinnati Law School Dean Is Exploring Her Legal Options (Mar. 24, 2017)
- NY Times: Cincinnati Law Dean Put On Leave After Trying To Close Multi-Million Dollar Deficit By Increasing Teaching Loads, Cutting Summer Research Stipends And Salary Supplements Of Chaired Professors (Mar. 31, 2017)
- Jennifer Bard Sues University Of Cincinnati In Federal Court, Seeks Reinstatement As Law School Dean (Apr. 24, 2017)
- Jennifer Bard Resigns Cincinnati Law School Deanship, Receives Two Year Sabbatical ($300,000/Year) And Will Return To Tenured Faculty In 2019-20 (May 8, 2017)