Monday, January 23, 2017
Here is the schedule for my Spring 2017 Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series:
- Jan. 25 Adam Chodorow (Arizona State), The Parsonage Exemption, 51 U.C. Davis L. Rev. ___ (2017)
- Feb. 6 Katherine Pratt (Loyola-L.A.), The Tax Definition of “Medical Care:” A Critique of the Startling IRS Arguments in O’Donnabhain v. Commissioner, 23 Mich. J. Gender & L. 313 (2016)
- Feb. 20 Joshua Blank (NYU), The Timing of Tax Transparency, 90 S. Cal. L. Rev. 449 (2017)
- Mar. 6 Erin Scharf (Arizona State), Hyper Preemption
- Mar. 27 Manoj Viswanathan (UC-Hastings), Tax Compliance in a Decentralizing Economy
- Apr. 10 Edward Kleinbard (USC), Capital Taxation In An Age Of Inequality, 90 S. Cal. L. Rev. 593 (2017)
- Apr. 24 Daniel Hemel (Chicago), Federalism as a Safeguard of Progressive Taxation, 93 N.Y.U. L. Rev. ___ (2017)
I will of course blog each professor's paper on the day of their presentation. Southern California professors and practitioners are welcome to attend any of the sessions (11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) — just let me know.
The Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series is funded in part by a generous gift from Scott Racine.