Wednesday, June 29, 2016
WCTV, Grand Jury Will Reconvene in August to Review Markel Case Evidence:
A Leon County grand jury plans to reconvene later this summer to review evidence in the murder case of FSU law professor Dan Markel.
Prosecutors confirmed with WCTV that the grand jury will meet August 4.
Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera were indicted last week in Markel's 2014 murder.
Tallahassee Democrat, Second Markel Suspect in Leon County Jail:
More arrests are expected in the case as investigators say they have linked the family of Markel’s ex-wife Wendi Adelson to the murder-for-hire plot.
Chiefly evidence points toward Wendy Adelson’s mother and brother, Donna and Charles Adelson.
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Man Arrested In Murder Of Dan Markel (May 26, 2016)
- Dan Markel Killing Investigated As Murder for Hire, 5-6 More Arrests Expected (May 26, 2016)
- Update On Murder-For-Hire Investigation Into Dan Markel's Death (May 31, 2016)
- Police: Dan Markel Was Killed In Murder-For-Hire Plot Orchestrated By Ex-Wife's Brother (June 2, 2016)
- Anatomy Of The Hit On Dan Markel (June 4, 2016)
- Update On Murder-For-Hire Investigation Into Dan Markel's Death (June 6, 2016)
- Wendi Adelson Discusses Her Ex-Husband Dan Markel's Murder: Transcript And Commentary (June 8, 2016)
- Dan Markel's Law Prof Colleagues Finger Ex-Wife's Family In Murder-For-Hire Killing (June 10, 2016)
- Update On Murder-For-Hire Investigation Into Dan Markel's Death (June 13, 2016)
- Grand Jury Indicts Two Hit Men In Dan Markel's Murder, State Attorney Expects More Indictments; Girlfriend Of Ex-Brother-in-Law Denies Ex-Wife's Family's Involvement (June 18, 2016)
- Update On Murder-For-Hire Investigation Into Dan Markel's Death: In Defense Of Charlie Adelson (June 21, 2016)
- Update On Murder-For-Hire Investigation Into Dan Markel's Death: Hit Men Thwarted In Previous Attempt To Kill FSU Law Prof (June 25, 2016)