Thursday, May 26, 2016
Man Arrested In Murder Of Dan Markel
Update: Dan Markel Killing Investigated As Murder for Hire, 5-6 More Arrests Expected
Tallahassee Democrat, Man Faces Murder Charge in Dan Markel's Death:
A man has been arrested in connection with the July 2014 shooting death of Florida State University law professor Dan Markel.
Sigfredo Garcia [right], 34, was arrested in Broward County Wednesday, according to the Tallahassee Police Department.
Garcia is charged with first-degree murder and possession of cocaine. The State Attorney's Office In Tallahassee approved an arrest warrant for him Wednesday.
He is being held in the Broward County Jail after being arrested by the Hallandale Beach Police Department.
Garcia has a criminal history, according to Miami-Dade County records, that includes strong arm robbery, burglary, drugs and concealed weapons violations.
TPD, which provided information about the arrest in a 12:11 a.m. email, is holding a press conference at 11:30 a.m. today to provide details.
- ABA Journal, Man Is Charged With Murder in Death of Law Prof Dan Markel
- Above the Law, Man Charged In Connection With The Killing Of Dan Markel
- National Law Journal, Fla. Police Arrest Man in Killing of Law Professor Dan Markel
- WCTV, Man Arrested in Connection With Murder of FSU Law Professor
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Details Emerge in Murder of Dan Markel
- Memorial Tributes to Dan Markel (1972-2014)
- Dan Markel's Death Remains a Mystery Seven Months After Shooting
- Dan Markel's Father Speaks To The Media For The First Time About His Son's Murder
- Remembering Dan Markel
- Dan Markel Deserves Justice
- Police Release New Details In Dan Markel's Murder
- Tallahassee Police Release Reports In Hopes Of Generating Fresh Leads In Investigation Of Dan Markel's Murder