Thursday, July 23, 2015
Washington Examiner, Obama to Jon Stewart: IRS Never Targeted Conservatives:
President Obama in a taped appearance with the Daily's Shows Jon Stewart Tuesday denied that IRS targeted conservatives, an assertion that Stewart then appeared to ridicule him for making. ...
[President Obama noted] that Stewart and others had jumped on a story that employees had been targeting conservatives.
"It turns out," Obama said, that wasn't true. He said Congress "passed a crummy law" that provided vague guidance to the people who worked at the IRS. And he said that employees implemented the law "poorly and stupidly."
"Boy, you really do have only a year left," Stewart interjected.
But Obama jumped back in, blaming Congress for not providing enough funds for both the IRS and the Department of Veterans Affairs to work properly.
The real scandal around the IRS, he said, "is that they have been so poorly funded that they cannot go after these folks who are deliberately avoiding tax payments."
- American Thinker, Obama denies IRS deliberately targeted Tea Party
- Breitbart, Obama: 'Real' IRS Scandal Is That It's 'Poorly Funded'
- Daily Caller, Obama Lies To Jon Stewart’s Face About The IRS
- Fox News, Obama Blasts GOP for IRS Scandal on Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’
- IJReview, Obama Denies IRS Scandal Ever Happened – And Jon Stewart is So Floored He Can Only Utter One Phrase
- News Busters, Obama Outrageously Denies IRS Targeting Scandal on Daily Show, Nets Censor
- Washington Times, Obama Defends IRS, Says Tea Party Targeting Didn’t Happen
- Western Journalism, Obama Just Tried To Rewrite History Straight To Jon Stewart’s Face About This HUGE Scandal
- The IRS Scandal, Day 804 (July 22, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 803 (July 21, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 802 (July 20, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 801 (July 19, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 701-800 (April 10, 2015 - July 18, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 601-700 (Dec. 31, 2014 - April 9, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 501-600 (Sept. 22, 2014-Dec. 30, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 401-500 (June 14, 2014 - Sept. 21,2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 301-400 (Mar. 6, 2014 - June 13, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 201-300 (Nov. 26, 2013 - Mar. 5, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 101-200 (Aug. 18, 2013 - Nov. 25, 2013)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1-100 (May 10, 2013 - Aug. 17, 2013)