Friday, April 10, 2015
The IRS Scandal, Day 701
Judicial Watch Press Release, IRS Documents Reveal Lerner Knew Targeting Criteria of Nonprofit Groups ‘Might Raise Questions’:
Judicial Watch today released a new batch of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents, including an email from former IRS official Lois Lerner in February 2012 asking that a program be set up to “put together some training points to help them [IRS staffers] understand the potential pitfalls” of revealing too much information to Congress. The documents also contain a Lerner email from 2013 in which she says she is willing to take the blame on some aspects of the scandal. She also indicates that she “understands why the IRS criteria” leading to the targeting of Tea Party and other opponents of the President Obama “might raise questions.”
The documents were released under court order in one of the Judicial Watch’s ongoing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits about the Obama IRS’ abuses (Judicial Watch v. IRS (No. 1:13-cv-1559).
- McClatchy, New IRS Emails Show Protagonist’s Concerns
- News Max, Judicial Watch Emails: Lerner Feared IRS Targeting Might 'Raise Questions'
- The IRS Scandal, Days 601-700 (Dec. 31, 2014 - April 9, 2015)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 501-600 (Sept. 22, 2014-Dec. 30, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 401-500 (June 14, 2014 - Sept. 21,2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 301-400 (Mar. 6, 2014 - June 13, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 201-300 (Nov. 26, 2013 - Mar. 5, 2014)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 101-200 (Aug. 18, 2013 - Nov. 25, 2013)
- The IRS Scandal, Days 1-100 (May 10, 2013 - Aug. 17, 2013)
Anybody else seeing a "smidgen" turning into a mountain?
So when will the main stream media start paying attention to
this? When the judge allows a full class action suit to take
place. According to Spakovsky the court, thus enabled with
full subpoena power, can in effect carry out the serious
investigation our corrupt and ridiculously political Attorney
General has consistently refused to do.
Tantalizing thought: I believe Spakovsky intimated that Lerner might
not have been all that happy about what she was being ordered to do
by the Obama administration. If evidence obtained by the lawsuit
puts Lerner firmly in the sights of serious Federal prosecution, will she
turn on her former boss and finger him in a trade for some degree
of immunity? She has asked for immunity. With this form of her feet
being held to the fire, will she shriek "I vas chust following orders......
Posted by: Rubio2016 | Apr 10, 2015 1:14:08 AM
Other emails showed that she coached IRS employees on how to conduct official business on mediums that were not subject to records retention policies and how to avoid using words that would show up in global searches.
This operation is being run just like the mob.
Posted by: wodun | Apr 10, 2015 9:14:19 AM