Friday, September 27, 2013
- Accounting Web, A New Way to Tax the Michael Jackson Estate?
- BBC News, Why Are Americans Giving Up Their Citizenship?
- Bloomberg BNA, Conservation Easements: Appraisals don't have to be Tidy to be Qualified
- Bloomberg Businessweek, My Big Gay Tax Return
- Forbes: Lost: $67 Million. If Found, Please Return To IRS, by Tony Nitti
- Forbes, Musician Wins Hobby Loss Case, by Peter J. Reilly
- Fornes: Ten Tax Commandments ... To Keep IRS Away, by Robert W. Wood
- Forbes, TIGTA Finally Stumbles On The Real IRS Scandal, by Peter J. Reilly
- The Hill: Report: IRS's Tracking of Healthcare Costs Shoddy
- Bruce Pasfield & Elise Paeffgen (both of Alston & Bird, Washington, D.C.), How to Enforce a Carbon Tax: Lessons from the Montreal Protocol and the U.S. Experience with the Ozone Depleting Chemicals Tax, 14 Vt. J. Envtl. L. 389 (2013)
- Tax Analysts Blog, We Need a Tax Professional to Run the IRS,
by Christopher Bergin
- Washington Times editorial, No Sanction for Greed: The IRS Wants to Stamp Out the Neighborhood Tax Preparer