Tuesday, July 30, 2013
President Obama today unveiled a so-called "Grand Bargain" tax reform proposal, which would reduce the corporate tax rate from 35% to 28% (25% for manufacturers) but raise revenue overall to fund various jobs initiatives.
- White House & Treasury Department, The President's Framework for Business Tax Reform
- White House, Fact Sheet
- The Atlantic, Obama's Partially Recycled Proposal to Trade Tax Reform for Jobs
- Bloomberg editorial, Obama’s Latest ’Grand Bargain’: Good Grief
- Bloomberg, Obama Entrance Into Tax Rewrite Draws Republican Rebuke
- Bloomberg, Obama Urges Business Tax Rewrite to Help Spur New Jobs
- Bloomberg, Why Is the President Talking Corporate Tax Reform?
- Business Insider, Obama's Latest 'Grand Bargain' Proposal Isn't Much of a Bargain at All
- Financial Times, Obama Offers Tax ‘Grand Bargain’
- Fiscal Times, Tax Reform: No Takers for Obama’s “Grand Bargain”
- Forbes, How Does This Work, Obama to Cut Business Taxes by Increasing Business Tax Revenues
- New York Times, Lonely Bipartisan Push to Overhaul Tax Code Finally Gets Noticed
- New York Times, Obama Offers to Cut Corporate Tax Rate as Part of Jobs Deal
- New York Times, A Spurned Offer on Corporate Taxes
- Reuters, Obama Proposes 'Grand Bargain' on Corporate Tax Rate, Infrastructure
- Dan Shaviro (NYU), The Administration's Corporate Tax Reform Proposal
- Tax Foundation, Obama Corporate Tax Proposal Limits Potential Economic Growth
- Tax Vox Blog, Obama’s New Corporate Tax Offer is Another Dead End
- Time, New White House “Grand Bargain” Proposal Is Neither Yet
- U.S. News & World Report, GOP Slams Door on Obama 'Grand Bargain'
- USA Today op-ed, Obama's 'Grand Bargain' for Big Business, by Paul Ryan
- USA Today, Obama, GOP Clash Over Proposed 'Grand Bargain'
- Wall Street Journal editorial, Obama's 'Grand Bargain' With Obama:
He Proposes Tax Reform With Higher Taxes and Not Much Reform
- Wall Street Journal, Obama Offers New Deal on Corporate Taxes, Jobs
- Wall Street Journal, Obama Tax Offer Gets Criticism, Some Interest From GOP
- Washington Post, Obama Challenges GOP to Fund Jobs Programs in Exchange for Corporate Tax Overhaul
- Washington Post, Obama's 'Grand Bargain' Not Going Anywhere
- Washington Post, Obama’s Plan to Link Corporate Tax Reform, Jobs Spending Quickly Rejected by GOP
- Washington Times, GOP Pans Obama ‘Grand Bargain’ on Taxes