Thursday, December 29, 2011
8th Circuit Re-institutes Discrimination Lawsuit by Unsuccessful Republican Faculty Candidate Against Iowa Law School Dean
Following up on my prior posts (links below): the Eighth Circuit yesterday reversed the district court and reinstituted a lawsuit filed against former Iowa Law School Dean (and Tax Prof) Carolyn Jones by Teresa R. Wagner, Associate Director of the school's Writing Resource Center, claiming that she was twice rejected for a legal writing faculty position because of her conservative political views. Wagner v. Jones, No. 10-2588 (8th Cir. Dec. 28, 2011).
- On Brief (Iowa's Appellate Blog), Eighth Circuit: Political Discrimination Suit Against Iowa Law School Dean May Proceed to Trial
- The League of Ordinary Gentlemen, The Tort of Political Discrimination
- PrawfsBlawg, Potentially Important Law Faculty Hiring Decision...
- Volokh Conspiracy, Lawsuit Claiming University of Iowa College of Law Discriminated Against Republican Teaching Applicant
- WSJ Law Blog, Eighth Circuit Revives Discrimination Suit Against Law School Dean
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage
- Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Sues, Claiming Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (Jan. 29, 2009)
- Judge Dismisses Claim by Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Alleging Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (Apr. 2, 2010)
- Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Appeals Dismissal of Suit Claiming Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (July 13, 2010)
"Oh, cara mia." I loved Carolyn Jones in the Addams Family.
Posted by: edh | Dec 29, 2011 8:27:18 AM