Friday, June 11, 2010
- Five Rules For Inherited IRAs (June 9, 2010), by Deborah L. Jacobs: "Families can stretch out the tax breaks of retirement accounts for decades if they know the rules."
- Five True Tales From a Tax Lawyer (June 9, 2010), by Robert W. Wood: "Tax law can get pretty interesting when sex, marriage, injustice or even zoo animals are involved."
- How to Pass Down Your Family Vacation Retreat (June 10, 2010), by Stephane Fitch: "Here's how to protect your vacation retreat from the taxman and intrafamily strains."
- More States Woo Retirees With Tax Breaks (June 9, 2010), by Ashlea Ebeling: "Despite their deficits, states are still wooing retirees with tax breaks."
- Prepare for the Return of the Estate Tax (June 11, 2010), by Deborah L. Jacobs: "The federal estate tax is coming back, while some state levies never went away. Act now to protect your family's assets."
- The Big Tax Increase Facing Small Business (June 9, 2010), by Dean Zerbe: "Hedge fund taxes get all the attention. Congress is about to raise billions in taxes on some doctors, accountants and architects."
- The Conservationist Next Door (June 14, 2010), by Ashlea Ebeling: "With government low on cash, neighbors are using tax breaks, sweat equity and ingenuity to save open space."
- The State Estate Grab, 2010 Edition (June 9, 2010), by Ashlea Ebeling: "Like the federal estate tax, state levies are in flux. As of mid-2010, 19 states imposed taxes on estates not left to a spouse or charity."