Sunday, May 30, 2010
Issues in History and Taxation: Current issues in taxation are uniquely affected by the historical development of our current systems of taxation. Papers on this panel will discuss theoretical issues such as fiscal sociology and political economy; and they will also discuss practical issues such as the use of taxation in policies addressing health care and labor rights.
- Michael Waggoner (Colorado) (Chair/Discussant)
- Bridget Crawford (Pace), Taxation as a Social Justice Issue: Lessons from the 20th Century
- Calvin Johnson (Texas), Fixing Capital Gains at its Core, 125 Tax Notes 1221 (Dec. 14, 2009)
- Ajay Mehrotra (Indiana-Bloomington), From Programmatic Reform to Social Science Research: The National Tax Association and the Promise and Perils of Disciplinary Encounters
- Ann Mumford (Queen Mary University of London), Seligman, "Some Neglected Economists," and Fiscal Sociology