Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Support and manage faculty recruitment, development, mentoring, retention and promotion; Exemplify and promote excellence in teaching, scholarship, and skills development; develop faculty recognition process which will include both internal and external recognition; Create an infrastructure of support for development of academic leaders. Assist faculty in the performance of faculty responsibilities and duties as set out in the faculty handbook, providing mentoring and constructive feedback. Organize and facilitate best practice in teaching meetings. Effectuate midterm and long-term development and implementation of the faculty performance evaluation process, and ensure resources are available to promote faculty success in teaching, scholarship, culture, and service. Serve as a leader/role model/mentor/liaison in promoting CharlotteLaw’s mission and culture to the faculty. Refine and monitor implementation of faculty tenure and promotion process.
- Minimum of five years law school teaching experience with excellent teaching evaluations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methodologies and techniques involved in management of the administrative functions of a law school.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the programs and policies of a law school, the American Bar Association, and the Association of American Law Schools.
- Ability to interact with others using judgment and decorum and to relate effectively with the Law school faculty.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good Organization Skills.