Friday, December 18, 2009
Following up on recent estate tax posts (here, here, and here):
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Contrary to Claims, Allowing Estate Tax to Expire Would Make Family Farms and Small Businesses Worse off Overall
- Don't Mess With Taxes, Senate Pulls the Estate Tax Plug
- Forbes, Congress Throws Estate Plans Into Disarray
- Freakonomics, Death and Taxes, Slightly Less Certain
- Huffington Post (Bill Gates, Sr.), Strengthening the Estate Tax to Strengthen the Country
- L.A. Times editorial, The Taxation of Death: Congressional Squabbling Over the Estate Tax Could Prove Costly for Middle-Class Heirs
- New York Times, Estate Tax Is Expiring, but Death Won’t Last
- Politico, Republicans Block Estate Tax Extension
- Tax.com, It's Not a Death Tax, But It Is a Dead Tax
- Tax Foundation, Repeal of Estate Taxation and the Step-up in Basis Two Weeks Away?
- Wall Street Journal, Do the Rich Owe America for Their Fortunes?