Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Anthony C. Infanti (Pittsburgh) & Bridget J. Crawford (Pace) have published Critical Tax Theory: An Introduction (Cambridge University Press, 2009):
Tax law is political. This book highlights and explains the major themes and methodologies of a group of scholars who challenge the traditional claim that tax law is neutral and unbiased. The contributors to this volume include pioneers in the field of critical tax theory, as well as key thinkers who have sustained and expanded the investigation into why the tax laws are the way they are and what impacts tax laws have on historically disempowered groups. This volume, assembled by two law professors who work in the field, is an accessible introduction to this new and growing body of scholarship. It is a resource not only for scholars and students in the fields of taxation and economics, but also for those who engage with critical race theory, feminist legal theory, queer theory, class-based analysis, and social justice generally. Tax is the one area of law that affects everyone in our society, and this book is crucial to understanding its impact.
- Foundations of Critical Tax Theory, by Grace Blumberg
- Historical Perspectives on Taxation, by Carolyn C. Jones & Marjorie E. Kornhauser
- The Goals of Tax Policy, by Dorothy A. Brown, Lisa C. Philipps, Nancy C. Staudt, Anthony C. Infanti & Anne L. Alstott
- Critical Tax Theory Meets Practice, by Marjorie E. Kornhauser, Daniel M. Schneider, Anthony C. Infanti & Gwen Thayer Handelman
- Race and Taxation, by Alice G. Abreu, Beverly I. Moran, William Whitford, Dorothy A. Brown, Mylinh Uy & David A. Brennen
- Gender and Taxation, by Karen B. Brown, Nancy C. Staudt, Wendy C. Gerzog & Marjorie E. Kornhauser
- Sexual Orientation and Taxation, by Patricia A. Cain, Anthony C. Infanti & Nancy J. Knauer
- The Family and Taxation, by Marjorie E. Kornhauser, Lily Kahng, Edward J. McCaffery, Bridget J. Crawford, Dorothy A. Brown & Mary Louise Fellows
- Class and Taxation, by Michael A. Livingston, Francine J. Lipman, Dennis J. Ventry, Jr. & Wilton B. Hyman
- Disability and Taxation, by Theodore P. Seto, Sande L. Buhai, Francine J. Lipman & David G. Duff
- Global Critical Perspectives on Taxation, by Taunya Lovell Banks, Francine J. Lipman, Anthony C. Infanti, Karen B. Brown & Miranda Stewart
- Critical Perspectives on Critical Tax Theory, by William J. Turnier, Pamela Johnston Conover, David Lowery, Lawrence A. Zelenak, Joseph M. Dodge & Amy L. Wax.