Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Law Prof Blog Rankings
Below are the updated quarterly traffic rankings (visitors and page views) of the Top 35 blogs edited by law professors with publicly available SiteMeters for the most recent 12-month period (July 2007 - June 2008):
- These Law Prof Blog Rankings are drawn from Dan Solove's comprehensive Law Professor Blogger Census. They include all blogs edited by law professors -- both law-related and non law-related.
- Please email me the names of any Law Prof Blogs with traffic over the past twelve months that would qualify for inclusion on the lists (113,359 visitors and/or 161,532 page views). If necessary, I will re-publish the list to include all qualifying blogs.
- Several popular Law Prof Blogs do not have publicly available SIteMeters and thus are not included on the list: e.g., BlackProf, California Appellate Reports, Credit Slips, The Deal Professor, Dorf on Law, Feminist Law Professors, Harvard Law School Corporate Governance Blog, Legal Theory, Point of Law.
- The list includes only those Law Prof Blogs that have been in operation for at least a year (and thus does not include popular blogs such as The Faculty Lounge, Leiter's Legal Philosophy Blog, and Race to the Bottom).
- These rankings cover only those blogs edited by law professors. Other law-related blogs edited by practitioners, librarians, non-law school academics, and journalists are not included on this list: e.g., Above the Law, How Appealing, Law Librarian Blog, Wall Street Journal Law Blog.
- Members of our Law Professor Blogs Network comprise, by visitors, two of the Top 10, five of the Top 20, and eleven of the Top 35 blogs; and by page views, one of the Top 10, five of the Top 20, and eleven of the Top 35 blogs.
- These rankings reflect 4.8% growth in visitors (123,040,260 v.117,348,819) and 4.5% growth in page views (149,406,023 v. 142,926,499) from the last quarterly rankings (April 2007 - March 2008).
We're not quite there yet, Paul; but, less than five months after its launch, the Commercial Law blog (http://ucclaw.blogspot.com) has had 99,099 visitors from 170 countries. We're young, but spunky!
Posted by: Keith Rowley | Jul 25, 2008 2:24:55 PM
Ha, ha, aren't you funny...and brave too! I like rankings that convey meaningful information (and surprisingly, those are the only kinds I bother to generate, but there are others, as you presumably know), our esteemed Blog Emperor just likes rankings of anything and everything.
Posted by: Brian | Jul 24, 2008 12:04:51 PM
Brian Leiter: "Blog Emperor Caron, who never met a ranking he didn't like, has updated his periodic report on the blogs run by law professors with the most visitors."
Leiter, on the other hand, only likes the rankings that he produces in endless array. Pot, kettle, etc.
Posted by: Story's ghost | Jul 24, 2008 10:14:35 AM
We will now scrutinize satellite TV services first. <a href="notebok" rel="nofollow">http://olref.300mb.info/index.html">notebok lenovo</a>
Posted by: smoomafag | Jan 17, 2009 9:51:31 AM